Montane is proud to work with some of the leading technical apparel and equipment factories in the industry, many of which we’ve partnered with since the very beginning. We only work with manufacturers who respect both our standards, and the rights and well-being of the people who make our products.
In October 2019 Montane became a member of the Fair Wear Foundation (FWF). The FWF is an independent, non-profit organisation that works with brands and manufacturers to improve labour conditions and worker’s rights in the global textile and apparel manufacturing industry.
FAIR WEAR FOUNDATION EIGHT LABOUR STANDARDS
As part of our factory selection process and ongoing partnerships, we require that our suppliers agree and meet our business standards. These are maintained by regular visits to our factories to ensure that our values, policies and standards are being adhered to.
We only work with manufacturers who can ensure;
1. Working conditions are safe and hygienic, with adequate fire safety conditions maintained
2. Facilities are maintained in line with legally mandated standards to prevent hazards or injury
3. Workers have the right to join or form trade unions of their own choosing and to bargain collectively
4. Child labour is prohibited
5. Employment is freely chosen
6. All workers are paid a living wage, meeting at least the national legal minimum standard
7. Working hours are not excessive are within legal standards and industry benchmarks. Overtime is voluntary and compensated at a reasonable rate
8. Workers do not suffer from discrimination
9. Harsh or inhumane treatment of any kind is prohibited
You can find out more about our manufacturing and production process here.
From reducing the environmental impact of the materials we use to demanding the highest ethical standards in our supply chain, our journey towards sustainability is ongoing.